You are not logged in! Please Log in or create an account to our website in order to be able to watch the movie.This film is not available for online screening at the moment.
In the Greek countryside, groups of pastoral nomads with their herds move from the plains in the winter to the mountains in the summer since the Middle Ages. But not only humans are nomads… The last Egyptian vultures of Greece are fighting for their own survival. Starting their journey from Africa and travelling 5,000km every spring, they arrive in their breeding spots in Greece, where both they and their ancestors were born, next to the Greek pastoral communities. Nowadays, both transhumant livestock farmers and Egyptian Vultures face the risk of extinction, as less than 3,000 transhumant herds and only five breeding pairs of Egyptian vultures remain in Greece. Sharing the same destiny, the fragile future of these two nomads demands our immediate action before it’s too late…
- Producers: Hellenic Ornithological Society
- Cinematographer / DOP: Giannis Floulis
- Editor: Giannis Floulis - Iordanis Theodosiadis
- Sound: Apostolos Pellas
- Credits: Line Producer: Aris Kotronis Vettas; Production Manager: Victoria Saravia-Μullin, Roula Trigou; Original music: Apostolos Pellas; Camera: Giannis Floulis, Stergios Spyropoulos; Additional Video Footage: Svetoslav Spasov, Sergey Panayotov, Dimitris Vavylis, Tasos Bounas; Editing: Giannis Floulis, Iordanis Theodosiadis; Fieldwork manager: Charitakis Papaioannou; Interviews – Filming support: Charitakis Papaionannou, Victoria Saravia-Mullin, Tasos Bounas; Executive Producer: Wavemade Productions
- COM_DOCUMENTARIES_THE_FILM COM_DOCUMENTARIES_WILL_BE_SCREENED_ON Καλαμάτα Short Doc - Νοε22
The film is available for a certain number of online screenings during the festival.