You are not logged in! Please Log in or create an account to our website in order to be able to watch the movie.This film is not available for online screening at the moment.
Cold Lands makes a personal journey through the images and cinema, guided by filmmakers and artist like, Theo Angelopoulos, Bego Vicario, Wim Wenders or Rut Hillarp among others. In this non-fictional road-movie their vision of what cinema is, of what is hidden behind the images, intersects with the world of beekeeping, architecture and the human landscape. Cinema within cinema and film locations that acquire new meanings when revisited by the contemporary gaze. From the landscapes of the interior, burnt by the sun, passing through the blue light of the northern lands, the film reflects on cinematographic archives, their validity and their importance as a cultural treasure. At the same time, it gives filmic archaeology a new meaning by making it interact with images of the present.
- PRODUCTION: Iratxe fresneda, Txelu Medina Arbide, Pimpi& Nella Films
- CO-PRODUCTION: ETB
- DIRECTION AND GUIDELINE: Iratxe Fresneda
- ASSEMBLY and ANIMATION: Raúl López
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Iratxe Fresneda
- SOUND ENGINEER: José Luís Rubio-REC
- DIRECT SOUND: Txelu Medina Arbide
- ART & DESIGN: Saioa Etxebarria & Raúl López
- MUSIC: Anari, Uxue Alberdi, Joseba Irazoki
- SPONSORS AND COLLABORATORS: Provincial Council of Bizkaia, Otxoa de Barandika Fundazioa, Euskal Museoa, UPV/EHU, Photomuseum Zarautz, Loarre Castle, Xabier Iriondo, Bego Vicario, Zentropa (Denmark), Brandts Museum, Forstadsmuseet, Azkue Fundazioa, Bizkaikoa, Euskal Etxea Berlin.
- Porto Femme International Film Festival (2019), Best Documentary
- Mostra internazionale del cinema di Genova (2020), Mention of the jury.
*Data is limited to before submission to PelDocFest
Creative Documentary Center
The film is available for a certain number of online screenings during the festival.